forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: skinconf validation (was: Gump TLP Site)
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:47:26 GMT
Quoting Juan Jose Pablos <cheche@che-che.com>:

> > What I really don't get is if the validation schema is embedded in the XML
> > document, how updates to forrest keep making this fail. I have to assume
> > that a validation is occurring against a separate forrest file. Could I be
> > pointed to that please?
>
> you are right, we should remove that one day. :-)

There is also a relaxng schema in context/resources/schema/relaxng/skinconf.rnc
 Currently forrest validates the skinconf.xml against this schema.

I started working on moving the DTD out of the skinconf files but had some problems:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=forrest-dev@xml.apache.org&msgId=1372385

If I can get the <xmlproperty> task to work with an <xmlcatalog>, I'm planning
on removing the relaxng validation (no advantages) and use just an external DTD.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net