forrest-dev mailing list archives

From <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest under tomcat problem
Date Sat, 27 Mar 2004 15:10:39 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joao Araujo" <joao@wireless-networks.com>

>     When I run forrest under tomcat 5 I get the error below. This
>     only occurs before I run forrest with "forrest run" . After that,
>     everything works fine.

"forrest run" builds a version of the forrest webapp for working with the
bundled jetty in a development environment. To build a webapp for
distribution to a production environment you need to do "forrest webapp",
this will copy across eveything you need (whereas a "run" uses
"webapp-local" which leaves many things in the src directory).

If you do "forrest war" a distributable war file is build for hosting
outside of the bundled jetty.

Ross