forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Forrest adopting Alexandria?
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:29:54 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>> I think that moving it in Forrest would be beneficial both to the
>> Alexandria code, and to Forrest.
>

> +0
>
> My only concern is that this is pretty specific functionality of use to
> only a certain type of site, i.e. project sites. I have no problem with
> the functionality being there, it's just I don;t need it right now.

It would be available initially as a separate subcode, and available as
a separate forrest run command (ie 'forrest code')

In CVS it would be:

xml-forrest/src/core
                /forrestbor
                /forrestbar
        ->      /forrestcode

> Would such extensions be made available via some kind of plug-in
> framework (eventually). I ask because I have a number of extensions in
> my own work that would benifit specific use cases, but aren't really
> applicable to the core Forrest system.

Plugins for the processing are planned, so it should be able in the
future to have a plugin add schemas that can be processed. What
extensions are they (it could help to refine the plugin usecase)?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -