forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: How do I proceed (WAS Re: Forrest and Mathematics)
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:41:01 GMT
On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Ross Gardler wrote:

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> > From: Paul Smith [mailto:googoodolls_uk@yahoo.com]
>  >
> > As I have never done anything similar I can't really help you with this
> > but there was a similar discussion on user@cocoon.apache.org. See
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=107593758419194&w=2
> > for details.
>
>  From this link I got to http://jeuclid.sourceforge.net/
>
> Where it says:
>
> "The project is a component for the Apache Cocoon
> project(xml.apache.org). This component converts MathML documents to GIF
> images or SVG. So the user can easy write documents with embedding
> MathML fragments, and the component create in situ the GIF images. The
> SVG converter is used to create documents with embedding SVG fragments
> for e.g. the FOP to create PDF, or what else, documents."
>
> This is under the APL but the project appears to be pretty dormant.
> There are screenshots of it working, but it may require some work to
> bring it up to date (originally maintainer has asked for someone to take
> over - see news section)
>
> Ross

The Mozilla MathML project at http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/
seems pretty complete.  The demo pages work pretty good in Firebird.  I
don't know how their code is structured, etc, etc.  It may be difficult to
take their functionality out and put it into an optional jar, but it might
be even more difficult to make jeuclid complete (depending of course on
how far it is already)

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net