forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rob.Ex...@equifax.com
Subject Re: images in pdfs
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:22:19 GMT
>Dave Brondsema wrote:
>> On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>> That works, thanks Ross!
>>
>> However, putting the jar file in src\documentation\lib as the FAQ says
you
>> can, doesn't work.  Not a problem for me, but our FAQ and code should be
>> consistent.
>
>Very true, what *does* work. Mines just been working for ages and I have
>no idea how I got it to work.
>
>Ross

Appreciate any ideas anyone has on this as I am at the point of tearing my
hair out, I seem to be going round in circles.

I checked out a fresh copy of the source from CVS last night and have
seed'ed a new site this morning. I still get errors in the
build/webapp/WEB-INF/logs/sitemap.log complaining about  missing images in
generated pdf's. I am trying to generate a static site and I have checked
that I have the patch mentioned in this thread to the document2fo.xsl
regarding use of imagesdir.

I am somewhat confused regarding what I need to do regarding Jimi etc. I
have copied the jimi-1.0.jar to the ~/build/xml-forrest/lib/core and
rebuilt forrest. This didn't have any effect. I also copied to
~/build/xml-forrest/lib/optional and rebuilt again which had no effect. In
desparation I copied to ~/websites/ntgdocs/src/documentation/lib (which
didn't exist) and this had no effect either.

N.B. ~/build/xml-forrest is where I have checked out from cvs to and
~/websites/ntgdocs/ contains my newly seeded site.

The following is an excerpt from my log file

WARN    (2004-02-11) 11:01.27:200   [sitemap.fop] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-thread/Table: table-layout=auto is not supported, using fixed!
ERROR   (2004-02-11) 11:01.27:243   [sitemap.fop] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-thread/ExternalGraphic: Error while creating area : Error with
image URL:
/home/r_exley/websites/ntgdocs/src/documentation/resources/images/project-logo.gif

(No such file or directory) and no base URL is specified
ERROR   (2004-02-11) 11:01.27:633   [sitemap.fop] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-thread/ExternalGraphic: Error while creating area : Error with
image URL:
/home/r_exley/websites/ntgdocs/src/documentation/resources/images/home/r_exley/websites/ntgdocs/src/documentation/content/xdocs/samples/cocoon-pyramid.png

(No such file or directory) and no base URL is specified
ERROR   (2004-02-11) 11:01.27:843   [sitemap.fop] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-thread/ExternalGraphic: Error while creating area : Error with
image URL:
/home/r_exley/websites/ntgdocs/src/documentation/resources/images/rss.png
(No such file or directory) and no base URL is specified
WARN    (2004-02-11) 11:01.28:085   [sitemap] (Unknown-URI)
Unknown-thread/SVGBuilder: setDocumentLocator was not called, will use
http://localhost/ as base URI

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I need to make this work to allow
my to build a case for authoring content using docbook instead of MS Word
(blah!)

Thanks in advance

--
Rob.

This message contains information from Equifax, Inc. which may be
confidential and privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, please
refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
information and note that such actions are prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify by e:mail
postmaster@equifax.com.