forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: images in pdfs
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:29:16 GMT
If it's FOP-related, the problem may be discussed on this page:

   http://xml.apache.org/fop/graphics.html

A couple of notes:
- EPS graphics don't display in Acrobat, although they tend to print OK.

- As for JIMI, here's a blurb from that section:

===
Because of licensing issues, the JIMI image library is not included in
the FOP distribution. First, download and install it. Then, copy the
file "JimiProClasses.zip" from the archive to
{fop-install-dir}/lib/jimi-1.0.jar. Please note that FOP binary
distributions are compiled with JIMI support, so there is no need for
you to build FOP to add the support. If jimi-1.0.jar is installed in
the right place, it will automatically be used by FOP, otherwise it
will not.
===

(On a side note, I just checked and it appears that the latest version
of JIMI is still 1.0, so I don't think it could be a filename/version
problem)

Hope this helps!