forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: [VOTE] Forrest adopting Alexandria?
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:59:10 GMT
> > Without knowing the JavaSrc donation. It would be fine to have an
> > opportunity
> > to plugin other languages like XML, C, Python, JavaScript, ...
>
> Exactly :-)
>
> Currently it supports javascript javadoc badly, and Ant
> buildfiles... In
> any case our current Forrest skin IMNSHO doesn't cut it for
> code docs,
> so I want to do a separate skinning for them.

But the result of that step is a document.xml? So several skins can render
it according to their own rules. (Not only colours (CSS) for reserved words,
strings, etc).

Maybe a new format could be useful. When I wrote a check for checkstyle I
came to ANTLR [1]. Maybe you can use the types defined in ANTLRTokenTypes as
an
idea for a new xml syntax. So the process would be

  sourcefile --1--> source-xml --2--> document12 --3--> HTML, PDF, ...

  1: parser, maybe chaperon, maybe new ANTLR based
  2: standard xslt sheet
  3: usual transformation by skin

Jan

[1] http://www.antlr.org/