forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject RE: [VOTE] Forrest adopting Alexandria?
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 13:29:31 GMT
> Some months ago I have been working on Jakarta Alexandria.
> Unfortunately
> I was the last committer, and since there was no more
> interest, it stopped.
>
> Currently the Alexandria codebase is able to generate the following:
>

> http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/whiteboard/alexandria-docs/xm
> l-cocoon/
>
> Actually, thanks to dims, who surprisingly :-) did some work on it
> lately, the javasrc part works like this (example run on the maven
> codebase):
>
>    http://nagoya.apache.org/~dims/maven/
>
> Currently Forrest has the site system (core), the forrestbot, the
> mozilla toolbar... what do others think, should it also have a
> forrestcode part with the stuff currently in Alexandria?
>
> I think that moving it in Forrest would be beneficial both to the
> Alexandria code, and to Forrest.
>
> +1
>
> --

Sounds good.
Without knowing the JavaSrc donation. It would be fine to have an
opportunity
to plugin other languages like XML, C, Python, JavaScript, ... So maybe
pluging that
onto the chaperon parser (damn I really should do something with forrest
again :)

BTW homepage is http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria/index.html

Jan