forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: FOP's Forrest-based web site
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:22:12 GMT
On Feb 23, 2004, at 7:36 AM, David Crossley wrote:
>> Thanks... No... I haven't tried that yet. I sent that message
>> immediately after getting a 'successful' build with a proper
>> breadcrumb. I'm aware of the PDF FAQ, and was waiting to follow the
>> directions for that and the tab selection before asking for help! :-)
>> Also, it's news to me, that book.xml takes precedence over site.xml...
>
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/linking.html#other-menu-selection
> See sub-section "Specifying menus with book.xml".

Actually, I'm moving away from 'book.xml' in favor of 'site.xml' which
I assume (correctly?) is the preferred method. My hope is that by
switching to 'site.xml' now, updates to future forrest versions will be
easier. It seems to me (correctly?) that book.xml is being (for lack of
a better term) deprecated in favor of site.xml, hence my switch. Else,
why is the book.xml system considered an 'alternative' method for tabs?

Just the same, thanks for this link, too! It seems that the passage
above this anchor (Selecting menu entries) is where I need to look to
get the tabs working using the new site.xml file I created...

Web Maestro Clay