forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Florian Haas" <f.g.h...@gmx.net>
Subject Tables, FOP, and page orientation
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 08:51:04 GMT
Hello again.

I'm currently using Forrest to put together some documentation which
contains lots of information in tabular format. When rendered, everything looks
beautiful in HTML, but things are getting a bit ugly for the PDF output. I assume
this is largely due to limitations in FOP (table-layout="auto" not supported
etc.).

The situation is made worse, however, by the fact that the PDF output is
always generated in portrait mode. Is there a way to tell the Forrest FO
stylesheets to switch to landscape, if even globally for the entire site? I tried
grepping the CVS checkout tree for "portrait" or "landscape", but to no avail.
Searching for "orientation" returns several results, but AFAICS they're all
SVG-related.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Using CVS HEAD from this morning on Linux, with JDK 1.4.2.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Florian Haas