forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Moshe Yudkowsky <>
Subject Re: The process of turning XDoc into XHTML (Re: Philosophy: Why id but no class?)
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:20:47 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

 > I am assuming you are using XDoc as your source format. Here's how a typical
XDOC gets turned into XHTML document.
 > The request is matched against the following pipeline in sitemap.xmap
(there's another for requets in the root directory, but it works the same way
using pattern="*.html"):

 > Is that what you mean by the intermediate stages?

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. THANK YOU!

I usually generate a static site, since that's what I use for my target; your
dynamic files should give me much more information.

 From looking at the code, and looking at forrest -help, I thought I could
generate log files:

# forrest -loggrer <file>

But this was just the same as capturing the stdout/stderr output into a file.
The source code in sitemap.xmap has a "logger" defined for all the
transformations, but if there's a way to turn it on and capture the output I
haven't been successful in finding it.

 >  > (Documentation would also be good!)
 > Patches are always welcome , even if it is only a couple of lines gleaned
from the list. Every little helps.

If my scribbled (well, hastily typed) notes get into any decent shape I will
certinaly pass them along.

Moshe Yudkowsky * *
SPF15 Sunblock: It was only a matter of time before human beings realized
that they require the same tough, long-lasting protection that their
wooden decks and patio furniture do. -- Jeff Greenwald

  Moshe Yudkowsky
  2952 W Fargo
  Chicago, IL 60645 USA

View raw message