forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Moshe Yudkowsky <msha4...@bl.com>
Subject Re: How to use "site:" in subdirs and with binaries, and using img (was "site:" fails in subdir with "No pipeline")
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:32:44 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> That construct is deprecated (I know, it's not well documented)

Ah, thanks. With all due respect, I have yet to see an open-source project that
was well documented; forrest has a little less documentation than some. Not
that I'm not finding forrest to be very useful at the moment, but the learning
curve -- the gotcha's and the mysteries -- were more than I expected.

Spamassassin has wiki documentation; see http://wiki.spamassassin.org. The
documenation there continues to improve.

> and will
> go away in a future forrest version, as we are moving to a double
> directory space: one for all the usual docs and images (content),
> another for artifacts that must be served without any other intervention
> of forrest (raw).

I cheated. Given the coming deprecation, and followign your advice, I've just
moved the image to src/documentation/files/images, gave it an entry in
site.xml, and used src="site:foo" to reference it in the subdirectory.

That's in test. In production I may find myself having to move it elsewhere,
e.g., to the parallel "raw" structure you noted.

The coming "raw" parallel structure is documented, but only in passing in the
"samples" directory, and I was a little hesitant to fool around with it.

Thank you very much for your comment, which was extremely helpful.

--
  Moshe Yudkowsky
  Disaggregate

  <http://www.Disaggregate.com>