forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Moshe Yudkowsky <msha4...@bl.com>
Subject "site:" fails in subdir with "No pipeline"
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 05:16:12 GMT
Here's a question for the experts: does 'href="site:foo"' work in a subdirectory?

Conditions:

In site.xml, I have a subdirectory structure:

<technology label="Technology" href="tech/" tab="tech">
   <about label="Index" />
   <downloads label="Downloads"
     href="index-downloads.html" description="Downloads"/>
   <demos label="Demos" href="index-demos.html"
      description="Demonstrations"/>
   <presentations label="Presentations" href="index-talks.html"
      description="Presentations"/>
</technology>

In other words, "downloads" etc. are all located in "xdocs/tech".

Inside the file xdocs/tech/index-downloads.xml, I use link as follows:

<link href="site:foo"> foo </link>

And I should mention that site:foo works just fine in other files in the xdocs
directory.

When I try to do a build of index-downloads.xml, I get an error:

tech/site:foo   BROKEN: No pipeline matched request: tech/site:foo

In other words, <technology> label in site.xml causes forrest to prepend its
directory "tech/" to "site:foo", and then the algorith cannot resolve "site:foo".

This strikes me as an error, not a feature. I've fidddled with this for some
time and don't have any answer, and the Fine Manuals (as in, "Read The Fine
Manuals") don't seem to address the question of subdirectories and "site:".

Site.xml is quite explicit that the "site:" construct should work as a
position-independent construct. The skin I am using was built from the
template, with suitable small modifications.

Help!

TIA,
  Moshe

--