forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/scratchpad/forrestbot2/webapp/images dir.gif file.gif
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:59:35 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> They are not much to put in an Ant buildfile. I don't think we should
> use yet another build system just because it's a bit convenient to have
> a couple of targets that are trivial to do in Ant anyway.

Don't underestimate the repositorz functionality. It allows easy
sharing of common jars which is really nice for people working
with a number of apache projects. Keeping track of dependencies
is much less painful.
Also, the Maven project file is more of a project description
rather than a build description.

J.Pietschmann