forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with FOP site (Was: Re: Sites built from sites)
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 03:29:25 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2004, at 9:53 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Clay Leeds wrote:

<snip/>

> As for the breadcrumb, I was successful at changing 'mygroup >
> myProject" to "apache > xml.apache" but I still need to append " > FOP"
> to that. Here's the relevant portion of skinconf.xml:

The skinconf.xml bit you copied is not the relevant part. you need is:

   <!-- Some skins use this to form a 'breadcrumb trail' of links. If
you don't
   want these, set the attributes to blank. The DTD purposefully
requires them.
   -->
   <trail>
     <link1 name="apache" href="http://www.apache.org/"/>
     <link2 name="xml.apache" href="http://xml.apache.org/"/>
     <link3 name="" href=""/>
   </trail>

just change the name and href elements in link1, link2 and link3 as you
require.

<snip/>

>> I just took a look. The site is using the old book.xml method. This
>> will still work fine. But it will be worth moving to the new site.xml
>> method. It's easier to manage. But one step at a time. Stick with
>> book.xml for now.
>

> Is there an XSL stylesheet which'll help me move from book.xml to site.xml?

No, this would not be possible because of the way site.xml works.
However, it is really quite simple and documented reasonably well. But I
wouldn't touch this until you have everything working the way you want.

Ross