forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Problems with FOP site (Was: Re: Sites built from sites)
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:07:26 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:
> I want to update the FOP web site to fix the breadcrumb problem, and to
> add Whole Site PDF. I do not get errors using the most current version
> from the following "snapshot" link (HEAD branch), but the result (on my
> system) is always "MyProj":
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/xml-fop/

OK I tried building with the last nights CVS Head of Forrest and the
most recent snapshot of FOP. First of all I got the problem with
skinconf recently discussed on this list. So I patched your Skinconf.xml
file (sent offlist)

Then I had a problem with your sitemap.xmap. It doesn't parse correctly.
I was going to patch this but there is a large number of customisations
all over the place so didn't even try. I just thought I'd give it a go
with the default Forrst sitemap (I renamed your
old one to get it out of the way, also renamed the 0.5 version of the
sitemap that was in there).

This worked OK.

Your breadcrumbs are correct and the site look fine with "forrest run".

What you need to do is verify that any needed customisations in your
original xmap are copied across (I've not looked to see if any are
actually needed).

> I get errors stating 'site.xml is not valid'. Heh... actually, I don't
> think the file exists, as they're using sitemap.xmap instead.

You have to have either site.xml or book.xml. sitemap.xmap is nothing to
do with these files, it manages how the site is built.

> Anyway, I
> have problems generating the FOP web site from this src (Maintenance
> branch, which I'm using mainly for testing Forrest):
>
> http://apache.get-software.com/xml/fop/fop-0.20.5-src.tar.gz

I should have read your mail properly before starting. I didn't try the
above with this branch.

> At this point, I'd like to be able to build locally, the current FOP web
> site. Once there, I'd like to fix the problems indicated above.

Try the above, if it doesn't work I'll have another look using the
maintenance version of FOP.

Ross