forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johan Kok <j...@messianic.dyndns.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Plugin Use cases]
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2004 20:15:16 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

> Yes, so what I'm starting to think is that static stuff should be
> generated by Forrest and then this is used in a Cocoon Webapp which
> provides the dynamic stuff. But that gets a little messy. Perhaps I
> better return to this when we have our developer on board. they will
> be working full time on this (and other) issues so maybe they'll have
> more time to think it through.

I've been considering the same, and vice -versa. The biggest hurdle to
pass immediately, would be a mix of staticly generated pages and
dynamically generated pages. The second hurdle to pass would be to keep
consitency on menus and menu styling between the two. The nice part if
being able to have sub-sitemaps. If one has that in forrest, one should
be able to use cocoon from forrest, i.e. let forrest car about the
static parts adn static menus, and have the dynamic parts called from
forrest. This is likely to imply that one might have a number of
different sub-site maps to cover various uses, something like the cocoon
blocks. Using flow between these would be great and not only there, but
in a whole load of other areas as well.