forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: How do I proceed (WAS Re: Forrest and Mathematics)
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 18:41:45 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> The Mozilla MathML project at http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/
> seems pretty complete.  The demo pages work pretty good in Firebird.  I
> don't know how their code is structured, etc, etc.  It may be difficult to
> take their functionality out and put it into an optional jar,

It's C code, tightly integrated into the Gecko rendering engine.
I'd be surprised if anybody managed to make it accessible, short
of providing a JNI to Gecko as a HTML+MathML rendering widget.
Not that this would be useless, quite the contrary.

The MozMathML people plundered TeX for algorithms on how to render
equations. I think I've heard of a project providing a Java
interface to TeX (or even a Java port), which could render to GIF
among other things.

J.Pietschmann