forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject How do I proceed (WAS Re: Forrest and Mathematics)
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 14:57:07 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> From: Paul Smith [mailto:googoodolls_uk@yahoo.com]
 >
> As I have never done anything similar I can't really help you with this
> but there was a similar discussion on user@cocoon.apache.org. See
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=107593758419194&w=2
> for details.

 From this link I got to http://jeuclid.sourceforge.net/

Where it says:

"The project is a component for the Apache Cocoon
project(xml.apache.org). This component converts MathML documents to GIF
images or SVG. So the user can easy write documents with embedding
MathML fragments, and the component create in situ the GIF images. The
SVG converter is used to create documents with embedding SVG fragments
for e.g. the FOP to create PDF, or what else, documents."

This is under the APL but the project appears to be pretty dormant.
There are screenshots of it working, but it may require some work to
bring it up to date (originally maintainer has asked for someone to take
over - see news section)

Ross