forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest and Mathematics
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 14:38:17 GMT
Paul Smith wrote:
> If I wanted to create a mathematical website, basically containing
> lecture notes from a series of lectures, what can Forrest do far me
> regarding the rendering of equations?

OK, the representation of matehmatical formulae is not something I have
ever worked with. But it is a problem we here, at the University of the
West Indies, will shortly be facing at some point in the future. So lets
work something out...

I would suggest the thing to do would be to use MathML as the source
format (embedded in whatever markup language you are using for source).
During conversion to the intermediate format (currently document1.2
eventually XHTML2) the MathML could be converted to SVG and embedded as
an image. Forrest will then display the SVG as a graphic.

Am I on the right track here?

Ross