forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Clay Leeds" <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: FOP's Forrest-based web site
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 05:13:19 GMT
Dave Brondsema said:
> Quoting Clay Leeds <cleeds@medata.com>:
>> On Feb 23, 2004, at 2:17 PM, Clay Leeds wrote:
>> > Two more problems to debug
>> >
>> > 1. breadcrumb looks like this (but doesn't change when I click on
>> > other pages or sections). What am I missing?
>> >
>> >   apache > xml.apache > fop
>
> Read my description of how it works at
> http://issues.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=forrest-dev@xml.apache.org&msgId=1332242
>
> Note that it uses javascript to read the current url, so the crumbs will
> act differently when the site goes live.
>
> I think you would want:
> <trail>
>   <link1 name="apache" href="http://www.apache.org/"/>
>   <link2 name="xml.apache" href="http://xml.apache.org/"/>
>   <link3 name="" href=""/>
> </trail>

Thanks!

>> > 2. Whole site PDF is not working yet, even though I have this in my
>> > site.xml file (between the <references> and <external-refs> nodes):
>> >
>> >   <all>
>> >     <whole_site_html label="Whole Site HTML" href="site.html"/>
>> >     <whole_site_html label="Whole Site PDF" href="site.pdf"/>
>> >   </all>
>>
>> I've tried a few different possibilities (including wrapping the "Home"
>> tab items in a <site><home> node), but found that didn't work either.
\>
> As http://xml.apache.org/forrest/faq.html#PDF-output says, the nodes must
> be named exactly "all_site" and "all_sitePDF".  Perhaps the FAQ needs
> to be clearer about this.
> --
> Dave Brondsema

I think  I got that portion of the code from the old book.xml file.
Thanks! I don't know if it needs to be clearer, although it always helps
if one can merely copy and paste the code from the web page/FAQ. Perhaps
if it were formatted 'nicely' it would help:

<all>
  <all_site label="Whole Site HTML" href="site.html"/>
  <all_sitePDF label="Whole Site PDF" href="site.pdf"/>
</all>

Now I just need to figure out how to do the portion where the Development
tab contains links to Design tab pages (see the "resolved" link):

   http://xml.apache.org/fop/dev/index.html

Should I just 'punt' and use a book.xml file in the dev/dir?

Thanks again!

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com