forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Clay Leeds" <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: multiple skin descriptors, skin versions
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:26:26 GMT
Dave Brondsema said:
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Clay Leeds wrote:
>> Dave Brondsema said:
>> > Quoting Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org>:
>> > So I think we still have a technical problem about getting a list of
skins
>> > the server has available.  Would Ruper solve this?  The only other
options I
>> > see are to manually maintain a text file that lists all the files, or
manually
>> > maintain the skins descriptor to explicitly list version numbers.
>> >
>> > Just to clarify, we don't need to bring up the issue of version
>> > compatibility again; I think we've got that covered by our file
naming format.
>> > --
>> > Dave Brondsema
>>
>> Is it possible to have the best of both worlds: 1) a local copy and 2) a
>> server-based version. The local copy would be used *only* if a
>> connection
>> could not be made over the internet to the server-based version.
>>
>> Web Maestro Clay
>
> You can override  forrest.skins.descriptors in $HOME/forrest.properties or
> the projects' forrest.properties to look in multiple locations (including
> locally).  For example:
>
> forrest.skins.descriptors=http://xml.apache.org/forrest/skins/skins.xml,file:///c:/Documents
> and Settings/dbrondse/myskins/skins.xml
>
> --
> Dave Brondsema

I understand that can be overridden. I was thinking of the dual modality
to resolve the technical problem indicated above. Further, an addition to
Forrest could be made of a variable CLI timeout argument for resolving the
host if warranted.

Just trying to think of ways to help...

Web Maestro Clay
--