forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Problems with FOP site (Was: Re: Sites built from sites)
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:38:04 GMT
On Feb 13, 2004, at 9:53 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>> Ross Gardler said:
>>> Your breadcrumbs are correct and the site look fine with "forrest
>>> run".
>> This might be one of the problems I was running into: I never did a
>> "forrest run". Since I don't know what 'Jetty' and 'jetty.run' are, I
>> never tried those... I did the following from the command line:
>> forrest -projecthelp
>> forrest seed
>> forrest site
>
> Well this should build the breadcrumbs OK and since they work in a run
> they should work in a site. Run just starts up a version of Jetty and
> you can point your browser at http://localhost:8888 to see you site,
> much faster than building the site from scratch. You can also edit the
> src, refresh the browser and see the changes.

Actually, I've got problems with my TomCat, since upgrading my Mac OS X
box to Java 1.4.2. As a result, I probably won't be able to do the
Jetty thing until that's resolved. In any case, I've also done some
research on "forrest run" and found out how it works. Looks promising,
but I think I'll just patiently use 'forrest" instead.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Web Maestro Clay