forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Florian G. Haas" <f.g.h...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Tables, FOP, and page orientation
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2004 23:28:32 GMT
Hi Ross (and everyone),

On Friday 06 February 2004 15:39, Ross Gardler wrote:
| You will need to edit the document2fo.xsl stylesheet. I've never
| actually done this but I *think* the property you need to play with is
| called reference-orientation. If I am right, setting this to "90" text
| in the relevant block will be rotated through 90 degrees.
|
| You are right that this should be set from a parameter, you can see lots
| of examples of this kind of configuration already in the XSL, the values
| are set in skinconf.xml and passed to the stylesheet by the relevant
| *.xmap file when the transformation is called.
|
| Hope this helps, if not let us know, it would be great to see a patch
| for this.

Your wish is my command. :-) I played with the FO stylesheets a bit over the
weekend, and noticed that they apparently contain no provision -- at the
moment -- for specifying custom page sizes and/or page orientation for the
PDF output, and that everything seems pretty much hardwired to 8.5 x 11 (US
Letter) portrait. I've humbly submitted a patch in JIRA (FOR-112) which would
provide a little more freedom in picking from one of several named page sizes
(Legal, Letter, A4 etc.), and also from choosing landscape or portrait mode.
Please take a look at the issue comment for details.

Note: I really don't know if extending the skinconf.xml content model the way
I did is the right way to tackle such issues. Hence, I'd be more than
grateful for any feedback. The same, of course, goes for the change to
sitemap.xmap which the patch contains.

Regards,
Florian

--
Florian G. Haas <f.g.haas@gmx.net> http://member.ycn.com/~fgh/en/

GnuPG key ID: 0x46D00BE3
Key fingerprint: 18B4 3E7B 191E F534 254A  1F7C 816D 950B 46D0 0BE3

My GnuPG key is available from the public PGP key server at
pgp.mit.edu (and various other key servers).