forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <googoodolls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How do I proceed (WAS Re: Forrest and Mathematics)
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2004 18:50:43 GMT
 --- Daniel Smith <websounding@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi Paul.

> I saw this guy recently on the svg-dev list. I don't know if this is
> the
> kind of thing you're looking for, but if you have the Adobe ASV
> installed
> and watch them for a little while, they're pretty neat. Math in
> animation!

This is truly excellent stuff, but as you say, wasn't quite what I was
looking for - Right now I'm looking for simple static sets of equations
(matrices and so in included) that I can type up lecture notes into.

However, I'll certainly keep an ear open for more development on the
SVG front in animated mathematics, that was a truly excellent set of
animations!  I'm thinking about starting a company in the UK to create
educational resources and games (after I've finished my PhD of course)
- it looks like SVG is going to be part of that!

Thanks again for the links.

=====
Paul Smith
Postgraduate Student
Department of Mathematics
School of Engineering, Computer Science,
                            and Mathematics
University of Exeter
(Laver building room C96, Tel X3990)