forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Smith <googoodolls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Forrest and Mathematics
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:52:57 GMT
 --- Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote: > Paul Smith
wrote:

> > If I wanted to create a mathematical website, basically containing
> > lecture notes from a series of lectures, what can Forrest do far me
> > regarding the rendering of equations?
>
> It should be technically possible and not to hard, as
> http://jeuclid.sf.net/ ha support for Cocoon.

I can't find anything on this page that links to a download or similar.
 Anyone got an alternative URL?

> IIUC one of the project admins is also a Cocoon committer and Forrest
>
> helper (our Chaperon Wiki man :-) so we can get help in case.
>
> What is needed is just a soul that has the will to implement it in
> Forrest :-)

Well - It's certainly interesting enough for me to try, but I've not
mucked around with Forrest internals before, so there's probably too
much of a learning curve for me to do it alone, but I'm willing to help
where I can here!  Someone tell me where to get started and I'll go :)

> --

=====
Paul Smith
Postgraduate Student
Department of Mathematics
School of Engineering, Computer Science,
                            and Mathematics
University of Exeter
(Laver building room C96, Tel X3990)