forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Clay Leeds" <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Sites built from sites
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 16:09:11 GMT
Ross Gardler said:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>> p.s. Keep in mind that my Forrest experience is minimal, involving
>> mostly frustrating experiences getting Forrest to build my test site
>> (FOP's web site). When I run Forrest on the xml-fop/ directory, I either
>> see a shiny new "MyProj" web site (instead of xml-fop), or I get an
>> error indicating site.xml is not valid. I've been spending free time
>> trying to fix the problems with the FOP web site (breadcrumb) and get a
>> whole site PDF. (I'm running Forrest 0.51 on Mac OS X 10.3.2 w/ JDK
>> 1.4.2).
>
> We're here to help, post your specific problems and I'm sure we can
> help. After all we use FOP extensively and it is a real bonus for my
> work. I promise to respond to your mails if I can help.
>
> Ross

Thanks for the offer of help. As with FOP, I'm sure there are always
people ready to respond. I guess I was just too embarassed to ask. :-)

I want to update the FOP web site to fix the breadcrumb problem, and to
add Whole Site PDF. I do not get errors using the most current version
from the following "snapshot" link (HEAD branch), but the result (on my
system) is always "MyProj":

http://cvs.apache.org/snapshots/xml-fop/

I get errors stating 'site.xml is not valid'. Heh... actually, I don't
think the file exists, as they're using sitemap.xmap instead. Anyway, I
have problems generating the FOP web site from this src (Maintenance
branch, which I'm using mainly for testing Forrest):

http://apache.get-software.com/xml/fop/fop-0.20.5-src.tar.gz

I've followed the instructions here, (result is shown above):
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/your-project.html

At this point, I'd like to be able to build locally, the current FOP web
site. Once there, I'd like to fix the problems indicated above.

Thanks in advance for your help!
--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com