forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <>
Subject Re: Why do font, etc. instructions appear in XSL templates?
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 03:59:21 GMT
Quoting Moshe Yudkowsky <>:

> I would like to thank everyone who replied to my message, both on-list and
> offlist.
> Allow me to modify my question. skins/forrest-site/xslt/html/site2xthtml.xsl
> also contains examples of setting font properties. For example, in the
> breadcrumb trail section:
> In practice, what this means to me is that I had to start by using the
> template
> and work my way up in complexity to get the skin for my website. I would have
> liked to start with forrest-site and pared away features I didn't need.
> Again, the question is whether forrest-site is that way for historical
> reasons,
> or if there's a program-driven reason.

forrest-site hasn't changed much lately; forrest-css should look pretty much the
same, but uses CSS.  krysalis-site is one of the most popular skins; and if you
want to base your skin on one that uses CSS you should also consider tigris-style.

Dave Brondsema - personal - programming - student org

View raw message