forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: multiple skin descriptors, skin versions
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:58:45 GMT
Quoting Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org>:

> I have been working a nd thinking about code repositories for quite some
> time now, and the easiest solution is to use filename metadata for versions.
>
> - no server requirements
> - can use a local repo copy
> - is resilient, as it's closest possible to the source and remains even
> when I copy the file out of the repo
> - it's visible
> - easy to deploy
>
> I think we will stick to this till we can :-)

So I think we still have a technical problem about getting a list of skins the
server has available.  Would Ruper solve this?  The only other options I see are
to manually maintain a text file that lists all the files, or manually maintain
the skins descriptor to explicitly list version numbers.

Just to clarify, we don't need to bring up the issue of version compatibility
again; I think we've got that covered by our file naming format.

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net