forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Move to SVN?
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 02:14:59 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
<snip/>

> How do others feel about moving our CVS to SVN? I've been
> using it with Depot and it's quite nice :-)

Someone would need to provide some documentation to assist
both committers and users. We have various FAQs and tips
for using CVS as a user, and we have this for committers:
http://xml.apache.org/forrest/community/howto/cvs-ssh/howto-cvs-ssh.html
as well as various stuff at http://www.apache.org/dev/
but there are no tips about SVN at Apache.

The Apache infrastructure@ list says that there is a "test"
repository that we can use. We should try a cvs2svn there first.

Is there an equivalent to ViewCVS for browsing older versions?

The http://cvs.apache.org/ reports a quite old Subversion server.
Surely it would be better to wait until release of 1.0 (which
is due on 2004-02-23) and an Apache upgrade.

I think that all committers would need to use a recent Subversion
client. For example my RedHat has ancient subversion-0.17, so i am
now upgrading it to be ready for our test.

--David