forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Sites built from sites
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:12:50 GMT
On Feb 11, 2004, at 9:29 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> So, I'm thinking that perhaps we should have sub-sites. In this
> instance each course would have its own site.xml (site_A.xml,
> site_B.xml etc.) then site.xml brings together then necessary sub-site
> files:
>
> <site>
>   <import site="site_A.xml">
>   <import site="site_B.xml">
> </site>

I would think that Forrest's TAB system would suffice to accomplish
this type of task (the building of sub-sites), and would create one tab
for each sub-site.

Web Maestro Clay

p.s. Keep in mind that my Forrest experience is minimal, involving
mostly frustrating experiences getting Forrest to build my test site
(FOP's web site). When I run Forrest on the xml-fop/ directory, I
either see a shiny new "MyProj" web site (instead of xml-fop), or I get
an error indicating site.xml is not valid. I've been spending free time
trying to fix the problems with the FOP web site (breadcrumb) and get a
whole site PDF. (I'm running Forrest 0.51 on Mac OS X 10.3.2 w/ JDK
1.4.2).