forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Justus.Pia...@ULg.ac.be (Justus H. Piater)
Subject Re: [NOTE] Skin status update
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 17:22:43 GMT
Hi -

Since I'm looking for a new skin, a few comments:

- Good job, clean, simple, appealing.

- It does not validate (at W3C), but the problem is trivial :-)
  Looking at the name, it's ultimately going to be XHTML, right?

- On my system (Mandrake 9.2, Firebird 0.7) the body font looks quite
  ugly. Is it really necessary to specify a font family? Font
  rendering is quite inconsistent across systems.

- While I'm sympathetic with the menu layout, it does not lend itself
  well to nested hierarchies. This is evident in the How-To tab.

- In the top part, could one separate the rounded-corner images from
  the horizontal and vertical lines? This would remove the size limits
  imposed by the current images (see the search box if you grow the
  font size).

- The menu bar has absolute width. It should be relative to font size.

Keep going, it is very promising!

Justus

--
Justus H. Piater, Ph.D.         http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/
Institut Montefiore, B28        Phone: +32-4-366-2279