forrest-dev mailing list archives

From (Justus H. Piater)
Subject Re: [NOTE] Skin status update
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 08:07:04 GMT
Marshall Roch <> wrote on Thu, 08 Jan 2004
22:17:14 -0500:

> One other possibility is to make the nav column fluid, but then you
> risk squeezing it on small resolutions, and there are problems getting
> a background color to display.  Given the number of people who use
> small resolutions (<= 800x600) vs. people using Lynx, I would vote for
> keeping the fixed width.

Let's not forget the increasing use of PDA-based Web browsers with
extremely small resolutions. To most PDA users, "text-based" is
synonymous with "160x160".

Justus H. Piater, Ph.D.
Institut Montefiore, B28        Phone: +32-4-366-2279
Université de Liège, Belgium    Fax:   +32-4-366-2620

View raw message