forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Justus.Pia...@ULg.ac.be (Justus H. Piater)
Subject Indirect linking and request parameters
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 10:14:12 GMT
Hi,

I'm building a site where some pages rely on request parameters
("file.html?parameter=value"), using XSP. All links are known at build
time, so I can in principle build a static site.

- With direct links, the dynamic site ("forrest run") works without
  problems.

- If I build a static site with direct links, the dynamic pages are
  precompiled ok, under the name "file.html_parameter=value".

  PROBLEM 1: The corresponding links in the statically-built pages are
             not rewritten appropriately. They still point to
             "file.html?parameter=value".

  PROBLEM 2: To avoid MIME-Type problems, I think the precompiled
             pages should rather be called
             "file_parameter=value.html".

- PROBLEM 3: I'd rather use indirect links, but there's apparently no
             way to include request parameters.

Am I right about these three problems, or am I missing something?

Problems 1 and 2 are probably Cocoon (rather than Forrest) problems,
right?

Solving Problem 3 would require an enhancement of Cocoon's
LinkRewriterTransformer, in addition to changes on the Forrest end,
right?

Should I file bug reports / feature requests in the appropriate
places?

Thanks,
Justus

--
Justus H. Piater, Ph.D.         http://www.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~piater/
Institut Montefiore, B28        Phone: +32-4-366-2279