forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Keeping build layout more consistency
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:05:02 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>

>> What we have is that mainly
>>
>>   src/core -> build/dist/shbat
>
> Is there a reason for this change?

You mean for this copying? Yes, because we need to add the libs in teh
WEB-INF dir and supply the forrest jar and we ned to filter the
cocoon.xconf.

> Would it be posible to have FORREST_HOME pointed to xml-forrest/src/core
> instead of xml-forrest/build/dist/shbat

That's the goal, see above for the main issues remaining.

>> As for the libraries, we should do two things:
>>
>>  1 - use autodownload in a repository, so that both xml-forrest and
>>      the dist can use them from the same repository (ie no copying)
>
> I know, I think maven can help with this right?

No need to change buildtool just for this. We can use Apache Incubator
Depot Ruper that works with the same repository and more.

>>  2 - make jetty not need to have the libraries in the WEB-INF/lib
>>      dir, so that we don't need necessarily to copy them there
>
> I will add a bug, so we do not forget things...

+1

             - verba volant, scripta manent -