forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Keeping build layout more consistency
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:22:02 GMT
Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Sorry if I was not very clear:
>
> move outpur dir:
>
> build/ant     --->         build/tools/ant
> build/jetty     --->        build/tools/jetty

Well, this is still not quite right, as we don't have build/ant and
build/jetty.

What we have is that mainly

   src/core -> build/dist/shbat

except mainly for

   tools/ant      ->  build/dist/shbat/ant
   tools/jetty    ->  build/dist/shbat/jetty

   lib/**         ->  build/dist/shbat/lib/**
   part of lib/**
   + forrest jar   -> build/dist/shbat/context/WEB-INF/lib

For consistency we would need to do:

   src/core/tools/**  -> build/dist/shbat/tools/**

but since we have other tools that use it it's ok to go with

   tools/**           -> build/dist/shbat/tools/**

+1 to that, go ahead and do it.

As for the libraries, we should do two things:

  1 - use autodownload in a repository, so that both xml-forrest and
      the dist can use them from the same repository (ie no copying)
  2 - make jetty not need to have the libraries in the WEB-INF/lib
      dir, so that we don't need necessarily to copy them there

I am on number 1, but on number 2 I tried once but couldn't get it to
work. If others can do it, it would be very much appreciated.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -