forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVG with Forrest?
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:03:37 GMT
Daniel Smith wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barrozi wrote:
>> Are you thinking of doing:
>
> source formats ------> documentDTD -----> SVG?
>
> Yes, that's what I'm looking at doing.

Ok, it can easily be done.

@see Mozilla XUL

> and Flash, and comparison
> and contrasts between them. But, I'd like to start with SVG, and make a
> kind of site/blog about these areas. Mostly or all in SVG to start. That
> combination I have to figure out. I'm interested in doing it in Cocoon
> though because I'd like to be able to do it multilingually eventually.
> And in some distant fantasy possibly incorporate Voice XML and sound. :)

Have you tried the Cocoon example with VoiceXML? Yeah, it would be
*very* cool if Forrest had a VoiceXML output, really really cool.

>> Could you please explain a bit your usecase? If we have that, it could
>> be really easy to add the functionality in the internals to be of use
>> to you.

You have explained it already in the first comments. Now I understand :-)

> I am such a programming newbie i make the phrase new look old.

ROTFL! :-)

> I was however proud to be the first person ever to mention the word
> "Cocoon" on the svg-dev list at yahoo, in some nearly 40,000 posts.
>
> :)

:-)

I'll see what I can do in this weekend to add SVG output to our skins,
so you can start testing it very soon (unless others beat me to it...
hopefully ;-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -