forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVG with Forrest?
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:44:48 GMT
Daniel Smith wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I just thought that this might be a good chance for me to ask a
> question, if you don't mind?

Anytime :-)

> I'm just trying to (finally) learn Cocoon, just having accomplished the
> install yesterday, but I've been lurking this list for a long while,
> trying to understand when I can. But when you are talking about Forrest
> being used for, for example:
>
>> document|faq|howto -----> xhtml -----> html|pdf|wml|xhtml 1.0
>> wiki
>> xhtml ------------------> xhtml -----> html|pdf|wml|xhtml 1.0,
>

> my question is, because I am interested in trying to do work with Cocoon
> and SVG, is it possible to use Forrest with SVG as of now?

Sure!

> Can anyone
> tell me that, please? Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Well, ATM it's possible to to do:

  image.svg -----> image.png
  image.svg -----> image.svg
(in skins)
  skinconf.xml -----> image.svg.xslt -----> image.png

Are you thinking of doing:

  source formats ------> documentDTD -----> SVG

?

Currently, with the existing preconfigured Forrest it's not possible,
but it's easy to add.

Could you please explain a bit your usecase? If we have that, it could
be really easy to add the functionality in the internals to be of use to
you.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -