forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] add DTDs to Apache website
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:28:03 GMT
Paul Smith wrote:
>  --- Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote: > Juan Jose
>>we will also deprecate documenDTD in favor of
>>xhtml2 for source (and faq+howto will use xhtml2 inside also).
>
> This worries me.  I find the ease of writing into document-v12.DTD a
> very positive factor, and one of the main reasons I'm continuing to use
> Forrest.  (I'm only just beginning on the path to XML enlightenment)

XHTML2 is very very similar.
document-v20.DTD is even more similar to it.

> If you do decide to deprecate it, I will continue to use it anyway,
> presumably I can do this by just keeping hold of the necessary DTD and
> XSLT files...

I talk about deprecation as Java does. IOW, we will not recomend to use
it, and it won't evolve further, but it will still remain there for a
loooong time.

But I'm sure that you will like XHTML2 anyway.

DocumentDTD
------------

<document>
   <header>
     <title>Welcome to Forrest</title>
   </header>
     <section>
       <title>Introduction</title>
         <strong>framework</strong>
         based on Apache Cocoon, providing XSLT stylesheets and schemas,
         images
         and other resources. Forrest uses these to render the XML source
         content into a website via command-line, robot, or a dynamic web
         application.
     </section>
</document>

XHTML2 http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/
----------

   <head>
     <title>Welcome to Forrest</title>
   </head>
     <section>
       <h>Introduction</h>
         <b>framework</b>
         based on Apache Cocoon, providing XSLT stylesheets and schemas,
         images
         and other resources. Forrest uses these to render the XML source
         content into a website via command-line, robot, or a dynamic web
         application.
     </section>

             - verba volant, scripta manent -