forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [NOTE] Skin status update
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 15:19:52 GMT
Johan Kok wrote:

> Justus H. Piater wrote:
>
>>Johan Kok <jkok@messianic.dyndns.org> wrote on Fri, 09 Jan 2004
>>11:52:19 +0200:
>>
>>>   Just use SVG instead to get the autmatic sizing of the corners.
>>
>>That would be beautiful, but SVG is unfortunately very poorly
>>supported by current browsers, and not at all by most.
>>
>>Or do you mean server-side SVG inside a Cocoon pipeline?
>>
> Yes, with conversion to png or jpg.

As I wrote on the thread

  'Automatic corners AKA why I needed the colors in skinconf'

corners are *already* done from svg, and in the size you need.

The problem is: how can a statically generated site change the corner
sizes? I'd have to pregenerate all the sizes and use javascript to swap
them... not pretty :-(

             - verba volant, scripta manent -