forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Automatic corners AKA why I needed the colors in skinconf
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 12:21:35 GMT
Marshall Roch wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>   <xsl:import href = "corner-imports.svg.xslt" />
>>   <xsl:template name="figure">
>>     <g transform="translate(0.5 0.5)">
>>       <ellipse cx="{$smallersize}"
>>                cy="{$smallersize}"
>>                rx="{$smallersize}"
>>                ry="{$smallersize}"
>>                style="{$fill}{$stroke}stroke-width:1"/>
>>         </g>
>>   </xsl:template>
>

> I've never played with SVG before, so tell me if this is possible.

It is :-)

When I have to do such things, I always use an SVG editor, and then
tweak the source file.

For example:
http://www.sodipodi.com/ (free)
http://www.jasc.com/products/webdraw/ (try and buy)

Let's see.

> The "whs" skin (or whatever we call it) needs 2 different tab images:
>
> The left side has the rounded corner and a line going vertically down
> 70px or so to allow for resizing.  The background must be supplied for
> the area outside the rounded corner, and the inside must be transparent
> to let the tab color show through.

I'm not so keen on having the background be set to transparent, as it
may give us problems with some browsers. We'll set it to the bg color.

> The background has to be set so that
> it covers up the line in the right image (read on).
>
> The right side is a mirror image of the left, with a horizontal line
> extending toward the left to make the top border of the tab.
>
> The need for a background color can be eliminated, but it creates some
> "dead space" that is not a link on the right side of the tab underneath
> the curve.  If that's acceptable, this sounds like a non-issue.

No problem, it can be easily done.

Do this, take a program that outputs SVG and create the corner image in
scale. I usually do it in 200x200 (if square) and work from that (the
base corner is the top-left one).

Then post the SVG here and we'll do it together, so it can serve as an
example for the documentation

Cool :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -