forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Automatic corners AKA why I needed the colors in skinconf
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 07:55:48 GMT
Dave Brondsema wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>To fix this, I'm working on skinconf inheritance, so that a skinconf put
>>in each skin can supply default values for the ones using it.
>>
>>For example, we could have an apache-sites skin that already contains
>>the license indications, the colors, the layout of a generic standard
>>Apache site. The same can be done with krysalis or other groups, all for
>>the sake of consistency.
>
> Could each skin have their own configuration file?

Sure.

The skinconf inheritance I am working on is like this:

- look in the common skin and load skinconf
- if the defined skin has it's own one, merge it adding the new value
- if the user has skinconf, merge it adding the new value

Every step thus adds-changes the defined values.

> I don't think this is
> really needed now, but could be nice for example if someone writes a new
> skin that uses more colors than is defined in skinconf.xml.  That way the
> end-user can still easily configure the skin without copying it and
> customizing it.

Sure. That's why the colors are specified like this:

  <color name=xx value=xx/>

su any skin can add it's own new ones if *really* needed.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -