forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [NOTE] Skin status update
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 11:21:28 GMT

I'd like to share with this list the point on skins and see if there are
comments or nays.

As soon as I feel that the krysalis-site skin is up to snuff I will
replace the forrest-site skin with it, of course using the usual Forrest
colors.

Complete status of our current skins:

* forrest-site

Quite old and does not use much CSS. To be replaced in the near term by
krysalis-site with the usual forrest color scheme.

*forrest-css

Unfortunately this skin seems broken. Well, it works, but not as
advertised. Hence it will as a reference for a complete CSS-styled skin
till the new forrest site gets there.

*krysalis-site

To become the forrest-site skin, as it comes from forrest-site and has
enhancements and many more styles in CSS.

It still uses tables for layout though.

I will be replacing parts of it with CSS-only layouts, first in the
rounded corners, then inside the sections, and finally also for the main
layout.

When this transformation is complete, the forrest-css skin can be removed.

*avalon-tigris

Deprecated and unmaintained (Avalon does not use forrest anymore IIUC).
To be replaced with tigris-style.

*tigris-style

Based on the style.tigris.org skin with no modifications to the CSS and
images (only some extra CSS for minor adjustments).

*whs

New skin with a very clean look. Still to be committed but very promising.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -