forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject multiple skin descriptors, skin versions
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:04:20 GMT

I just implemented support for multiple skin descriptors.  I'm behind a
proxy (and <setproxy> with username/pwd doesn't seem to work for <get>
tasks) so I couldn't test it against the default skin descriptor, but it
should work fine.

You can see in default-forrest.properties or the seed site's
forrest.properties how it works.  A local skin descriptor could be
specified by using ${user.home}/forrest.properties.  It would be nice to
concatenate this property from default-forrest.properties and
${user.home}/forrest.properties and ${project.home}/forrest.properties
instead of them taking precedence over each other.  But I'm not sure know
how the best way to implement that would be.

I also want to have install-skin work to delete the existing skin, if any,
so it can be used to update skins also.  But that could be dangerous if
(for example) forrest-site was deleted and then there was no .zip for it
to replace it.  Perhaps we could put all the skins in the default skin
descriptor?  But how then would we keep the skins there up to date?  I
suppose we could do it manually each time we do a forrest release.  We do
support versioned skins.  Speaking of which, the forrest version in
forrest.build.xml is 0.5 but the description says 0.6-dev.  Shouldn't the
version be 0.6-dev?  Would this adversely affect version specific .xmap
and .xconf files?

--
Dave Brondsema
dave@brondsema.net