forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <>
Subject Re: Automatic corners AKA why I needed the colors in skinconf
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 19:27:18 GMT
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> To fix this, I'm working on skinconf inheritance, so that a skinconf put
> in each skin can supply default values for the ones using it.
> For example, we could have an apache-sites skin that already contains
> the license indications, the colors, the layout of a generic standard
> Apache site. The same can be done with krysalis or other groups, all for
> the sake of consistency.

Could each skin have their own configuration file?  I don't think this is
really needed now, but could be nice for example if someone writes a new
skin that uses more colors than is defined in skinconf.xml.  That way the
end-user can still easily configure the skin without copying it and
customizing it.

Dave Brondsema - personal - programming - Calvin club

View raw message