forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: mail list config for forrest-dev
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:31:44 GMT
On Jan 16, 2004, at 5:30 AM, David Crossley wrote:

> I wonder if, with our email obfuscation efforts with the Forrest
> website, we might be getting less spam now. Should we try opening
> it up? We should be encouraging cross-project discussion and not
> let spam stifle that.

Yep - you should ask apmail.

> I still don't understand why we get so much spam. Doesn't the
> mail system at Apache do spam filtering? Or do the moderation
> messages bypass that.

Many messages do get caught by spamwatch (the server-side custom
filtering stuff on daedalus). Still, on an average week, with
SpamAssassin already catching a lot on my IMAP box, and Mail.app doing
its own filtering, I do receive 20-30 spam moderation messages a week.
I'm not on dial-up though, so bandwidth isn't an issue to me.

I guess bandwidth is your real issue, not?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org