forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: [Proposal] add DTDs to Apache website
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:03:51 GMT
On Jan 14, 2004, at 11:46 AM, David Crossley wrote:

> David Crossley wrote:
>> 7) Does the Apache webserver deliver the supporting files using
>> the appropriate Content-Type? Is that "text/plain"? Does it matter?
>> We have *.dtd and *.mod and *.pen and *.ent extensions.
> This is what the webserver reports:
> *.dtd ... Content-Type: application/xml-dtd
> *.mod *.pen ... Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Dunnow, indicates otherwise for
the .mod en .pen in this case:

The media type application/xml-dtd SHOULD be used for "external DTD
subsets" or "external parameter entities".

How do we easily find out whether rfc 3023 has any official status - it
appears on the standards track.

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at
stevenn at                stevenn at