forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: libs is Forrest
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:36:42 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> I am using Forrest again. It is amazing the lot of new features. My
>> question is related to the WEB-INF/lib they are currently empty. Is this
>> OK?
>

> Yup. libs are not copied around but referenced in the classpath.
>
>> How I can make to allow forrest to include (as before) the libs?
>

> Why?

If you want to build a war and run it in a dynamic server you need to
use the "forrest war" target as before which now uses a different build
process.

However, the change to stop libs being copied to the WEB-INF/lib will
have broken the war target. It is on my list of things to do but I am
tied up elsewhere at the moment.

If you need to tackle it it is easy to fix just look at the changes made
in revision 1.100 of the webapp-local forrest.build.xml and put the
removed lines into the "webapp" target.

If you really need it but don't understand what I'm on about shout on
here, I can find the time if I have to.

Ross