forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johan Kok <j...@messianic.dyndns.org>
Subject Re: FW: PDF generation error
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:20:23 GMT

J.Pietschmann wrote:

> Leo wrote:
>
>> Error:
>> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: No meaningful layout in block after
>> many attempts.  Infinite loop is assumed.  Processing halted.
>>

> The most likely reason is that the image is still too large
> with explicit width and height. Try to reduce the image
> resolution (use fewer pixels), or check the available space in
> the PDF rendered without the image and use this information.
> For PDF, you should never supply heigth/width in pixels to the
> figure element.

The above is one possibility. In another, I have a picture that display
on one page (inbetween a lot of other content), but on another page it
is giving the error mentioned above (with very little other content on
the page). This latter problem seems to occur only if a picture goes
over the bottom of the first page. At least I have not seen any other
correlating
factor thus far.

Johan Kok