forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: FW: PDF generation error
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:47:04 GMT
Leo wrote:
> I am getting the following error when I try to generate a pdf file with a
> png image. (Comment out reference to image and pdf is generated fine).
> e.g of image reference
>   <figure src="images/png/DSystem.png" id="HLD" alt="DSystem"></figure>
>
> Error:
> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: No meaningful layout in block after
> many attempts.  Infinite loop is assumed.  Processing halted.
>
> I saw the post below and tried what was suggested both omiting the
> width/height or giving in cm.  This did not work.

The most likely reason is that the image is still too large
with explicit width and height. Try to reduce the image
resolution (use fewer pixels), or check the available space in
the PDF rendered without the image and use this information.
For PDF, you should never supply heigth/width in pixels to the
figure element.

J.Pietschmann